Wednesday, January 28, 2009

From 18 to 56 today?

When I got up about 6 it was a balmy 18 degrees. What surprised me was that the weather on the net said San Angelo was 27! Now 30 minutes later it has warmed to 23. How strange is that? Sun isn't up! The temps should still be falling. We have baby icicles hanging off our porch. They are only about 1 inch long. I haven't ventured out to see how cold the fountain looks this morning. I am sure it is pretty frosty!

Kids are excited about going to stay the weekend with my SIL and BIL. They have been packing all week. Wonder what they won't pack they should? I can relate, I have been packing in my head for retreat next weekend also.

MN did come to me yesterday and share she is afraid to go off without me. This my un-attached child at one time! She has never been away from home without me in 4 years. Last time the other 2 got to go visit she was making very bad choices so didn't get to. This time it is her sisters turn to stay home. We talked about how it is normal to be excited and afraid all at the same time. I also think her sister is afraid, even at 17 to go off and leave us. She hasn't expressed it in words, but actions. I am glad, it shows attachment. I told MN she doesn't have to go. She smiled and said, "But, I want to go! I will just miss you!" We agreed it is OK for her to miss me at the same time to go and have fun.

Today will be finishing up packing and school for the kids this week. I dread my circle this morning in the ice. I may try and take my camera and get pictures. I can't wait for the warm air to show up!

Our wood stove food was wonderful last night. The pot of green chili stew was to big to go in the frig, so I used my winter frig. I sat it in the BBQ grill outside! I will thaw it for breakfast and then put what is left in the frig. Yes, green chili stew for breakfast! Mmmmm where is your sense of adventure!

I will try to get ice pictures before we are back to desert mode around here. All have a blessed day!

No comments: