Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Two Essential Oil Recipes

A suggested toothpaste recipe
(doTERRA also makes an essential oils based toothpaste with the OnGuard blend, OnGuard toothpaste.)
  6 tsp baking soda
  1/3 tsp salt
  1/2 tsp xylitol (a natural sweetener)
  4 tsp glycerin
  10 drops Peppermint
  3 drops On Guard
  2 drops Melaleuca
  3 drops Birch
 
I made this yesterday.  I discovered I really like the On Guard essential oil. I didn't have any xylitol or Birch.   I did order some xylitol just to play with and will order Birch next time I place an order.   I do NOT like peppermint toothpaste period, never ever have, so that oil got skipped.  In fact I just added a little more On Guard, it has a cinnimon taste.  I used to much salt as I read the recipe wrong so it has a salty flavor, but other than that it is good.   I put it in a baby food jar.  
 
I have also been doing oil pulling for a while just once a day.  I was battling a sore on my gum that wasn't going away.  I made this up yesterday and started using it three times a day.  Today the sore spot is almost totally gone.   Instead of making it up one or two table spoons at a time I made 1/2 cup (junior baby food jar) full with the added oils.  Yes, again I added extra On Guard. 
 
Inflamed tooth/jaw area by oil pulling with 1 drop Oregano, 5 drops On Guard in 1 tablespoon of virgin coconut oil for 5 minutes, 3 times daily.  After 2-3 days the inflammation/swelling was gone.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, just a heads up, xylitol is seriously poisonous to dogs in quite small amounts.