Saturday, June 1, 2013

Bugs and Snakes

Anyone want to play with a bug?  A BIG bug?  Sixteen yo found it outside the other night. Being a good mommy, granola I had him grab it and we looked it up.   It is a female rhinoceros beetle.  
 


 After I played with it and assured grands that it wouldn't hurt 3 yo was interested.  










 I love this picture of her.  She was quiet pleased with herself. 

Then tonight my dh came in announced that sharing the pool pump house with two 5 ft bull snakes is interesting!    OK so I had to go see!  I only found one of them! 

 
Instead I found some other kind of snake.  Isn't it pretty?   I have no idea what kind it is.  















 Anyone know what kind this is?
 I talked 14 yo into touching the bull snake.  There could have been two of them in this corner, you couldn't see tails and heads, just SNAKE.
So who wants to come visit?   We find cool things here :)  

No comments: