Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Another poem!


I Am…

 

I am no Beauty Queen…

I am no model.

 

I am not as lean as some…

But to God, I am as stunning as can be.

 

I am no Barbie…

My life is not as perfect as it is in my dreams.

 

My eyes aren’t blue…

Instead they are brown.

 

I am beautiful…

I am stunning.

 

The mirror tells me lies…

People around me make me doubt.

 

“I am fat. My nose is too long and narrow…

My neck is too long, my eyes are brown instead of blue!”

 

I fail to see what God sees…

 

He tells me…

“You are not fat, but lean.

You nose is narrow and beautiful!

 

You have a beautiful smile

Your neck is stunning

Your eyes glisten with my joy.

 

Your hair shines and is beautiful!

Everything about you makes me smile.

 

Your lips sing of my love…

Your hands write of my heart.”

 

“But’ I say ‘No man will ever love me!

I am ruined… I am impure.”

 

He laughs gently and gazes into my eyes…

 

“Oh my love! You are not ruined…

You are not impure.

 

I have your man in the palm of my hand…

He is growing and waiting.

 

But do not give your heart away…

Until you hear me say okay.

 

You will meet him someday…

I am writing your love story.

 

It will be more beautiful than any other…

Yes, my beautiful one.

My love, yes it will be.”

 

I sigh, “I will wait.

When my love and I share our first kiss on our wedding day…

I will know that I could have waited forever…

For this.

 

I am pure.

I am beautiful.

I am.

 

~Marie J.~

No comments: