Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another Poem.....


Gone

 

I look into the mirror and see a smile…

I begin to wonder if it will stay a while.

 

I see the sparkle in my eye…

Life seems so good, why did I wish to die?

 

I remember my tears…

I have fought some of my fears.

 

It is kinda hard to believe I am really loved…

A little bit more so to know He reins from above.

 

I fight against my own hate…

I refuse for anger and fear to be my fate.

 

I used to not understand gone…

Now I do, it is just part of my life song.

 

Everyone has ups and downs…

Why should we go on living with a frown?

 

I am who I am ‘cause I choose to be…

Granted, I am not the saint that you seem to see.

 

I crumble…

I stumble…

 

I fall…

However, that’s not all…

 

I made a choice to slay my hate…

I wanted a new slate.

 

I have learned so many things!

I write to allow you to hear my heart sing.

 

I cry…

So that you know, I really do try.

 

I may not be what you want to see…

Nevertheless, I am better than I used to be.

 

One day we will all be gone…

Even though we have all been wrong.

 

God will never go…

Our pain, He sees… He does know.

 

When pain comes your way…

What will you say?

 

How will you deal?

Would you control what you feel?

 

Life is a dance…

Give God a chance.

 

Please remember…

 

Everyone has ups and downs…

Must your face be scarred from a frown?

 

God really does love you…

Sinner or saint… doesn’t matter what you do.

 

Don’t hate…

Be embarrassing for others to know anger and fear was your fate.

 

Everyone really does cry…

If they don’t, take my word, it’s a lie.

 

One day we will all be gone…

So tell me…

 

Just how good do you want your life song?

 

~Marie J. ~

 

No comments: