Saturday, December 28, 2013

Essential Oil Playing...

Today I took a jar of my Naked Salve, broke out the postal scales and started playing.  That jar weighed 4.2 oz. jar included.  Empty jar was 2.6 oz.  Meaning I had about 1.6 oz. of Naked salve.  I then added .8 oz. of shea butter and .8 oz. of cocoa butter.   I also added 1 more tablespoon of beeswax pastilles.  Then I melted everything.

Once it was melted I added about 10 drops of Lavender, 8 of Lemon and 6 of Melaleuca to the mix.  to my small sample/travel size jars I added three drops of Myrrh to each of the brown ones, 3 of peppermint to the blue ones and 3 of geranium to the red.   This matched up with the color labels for each of them making it easier to keep it straight in my head.   Now they are cooling. 

I will let you know what I think of each kind.  I added Myrrh because in reading it is good for eczema, and peppermint from the idea below for skin allergies, the geranium I used last time and my hands are better using it.  

In the future I want to do one for pain only adding black pepper since I don't have all the oils below.  I do know that black pepper helps with muscle pain for some of my bunch and frankincense is healing.


Naked Salve Recipe:

1  Cup
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Tropical Traditions Gold Label makes the silkiest salve!)
1  Cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4  T. Beeswax Pastilles
1/2 t. vitamin e oil (optional)
To each jar add:


All Purpose Healing Salve Recipe:


10  drops Lavender
  8  drops Lemon
  6  drops Melaleuca
1/2  teaspoon Vitamin e oil (optional)

Fills {4} - 4 oz glass mason jars or small glass jars of choice.



Anti - Aging Blend
____________________________
Frankincense, Lavender and Cypress combined create an effective anti-aging blend that I've used and LOVED for quite some time now.

 

With a blend of Frankincense, Lavender and Cypress your face & body will benefit from their regenerative properties as well as the extra moisturizing properties of coconut and olive oil.  

Add 12 drops each to one 4 oz jar

L.L.P.  Allergy Blend
______________________________

Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint, an all natural anti-histamine with far reaching benefits!  I'm convinced that many chronic issues are a result of an allergic reaction to toxins that we're all exposed to everyday.  The L.L.P. Allergy Blend has proven itself to be a powerful ally for many!


Especially beneficial for allergies that manifest themselves through skin outbreaks or chronic itching.  L.L.P. Salve can compliment your daily L.L.P. protocol along with the added attributes of skin softening, soothing and the antibacterial properties of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint.  

Why not add the L.L.P. blend to your salve in addition to your other applications, allowing even more opportunity for the healing effects of the Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint antihistamine protocol.  Add 30 drops to one 4 oz jar.


Aches & Pain Blend

___________________________

 
carpal tunnel, headaches, joint pain from arthritis 



Now that Birch EO, the most powerful essential oil for pain relief with aspirin like qualities is available from Spark Naturals, the ability to make your own powerful Icy Hot - like pain reliever is a reality. PURE Birch essential oil is hard to come by and in high demand for a reason - natural pain relief.  Combine Birch for pain, White Fir for inflammation and Frankincense to further enhance the properties of all three EOs, driving them deeper into the affected tissue.  Add 30 drops Birch, 10 drops Frankincense, 10 drops White Fir.

No comments: