Saturday, November 12, 2011

Red Enchilada Sauce

I made this sauce for supper tonight.   It is really good. 

http://www.food.com/recipe/the-last-red-enchilada-sauce-youll-need-188644?scaleto=8&mode=null&st=true

The Last Red Enchilada Sauce You'll Need


By Jamie Renee on October 02, 2006

Photo
Photo by ~*Miss Diggy*~

16 Reviews

  • timer
  • Prep Time: 10 mins
  • Total Time: 20 mins
  • Serves: 12-16, Yield: 8 cups

About This Recipe

"This is the tastiest red enchilada sauce I have ever had! I could literally just eat it with a spoon. The secret is cocoa powder, do not miss that step! I found it on the Texas Monthly cooking forum. A lot of times I double the recipe since its so good. Serve it over enchiladas, burritos, or grab a straw! Its scrumptious!!"

Ingredients

    • 6 tablespoons chili powder
    • 6 tablespoons flour
    • 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
    • 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
    • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
    • 2 teaspoons oregano
    • 6 cups water
    • 1 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce

Directions

  1. Combine all dry ingredients in a small bowl.
  2. Stirring constantly, slowly add enough of the water to make a thin paste.
  3. Pour into pan and add rest of water.
  4. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
  5. Stir in tomato sauce.
  6. Use in your favorite enchilada recipe.
  7. The amounts on the ingredients are very flexible.
  8. For instance, if I am feeding my kids who do not like"spicy", I will halve the chili powder and double the tomato sauce.

No comments: