Wednesday, May 22, 2013

More Oil talk

Here is a sample of my 11 yo's writing with and without oils.   Neither are great, but there is a marked difference with the oils.  This is just one of the things I see.  The top half of this was a few days ago, the bottom part was a while back, maybe a month.  I think after he started on the oils, but not long.   I wish the lines would show up, the top one IS on the lines pretty well.  The bottom one, lines?  what lines! 
 
 
Life with him still isn't always easy.  I figured out he was cheating on school and decided to just redo this years school, along with several hundred sentences.  He is not overly happy, but is not tantruming.  I will take it.   He is SO smart.  He did have to rewrite several sentences as he re-worded them, he assured me that it meant the same thing :)   LOL NO!   Sorry the way I wrote it. 
 
He has been dry almost a week.  :)   Maybe a new record. 
 
Just now he was building to a fit.  He had a light bulb moment he isn't playing this weekend.  He really wanted to blow, it was almost like he couldn't.  He was sad.  With good reason.  I ask him if I could oil him.  He handed me the oils and before I was done oiling him he was calm.  Still sad, but calm sad.   I just find it interesting. By oiling I am dropping one drop of about 5 oils on the back of his neck.  He rubs them in and smears the rest on his face, neck, stomach where ever. 
 
Oh another self-control issue I see him doing better with. He tears the metal off the pencils.  I gave him two pencils with tops and told him he would have 100 more sentences if he tore them up.  He has about used up the erasers but, the silver part is still there. 

No comments: