Friday, November 8, 2013

Daughters Poem~Powerful!

Get Over It
 
I sit beneath the shade....
Listening to a woman share her fears.
"Nobody cares... Life isn't worth living, nothing is fair!"
I feel my compassion begin to fade.
Anger begins to take it's place...
I look away, so I can hide the pain on my face.
She continues, "You'd never understand...
I am the only one who hurts this way.
Your life is simple, you never had to fight to live on more day."
I turn to her...
"Ma'am, I am just gonna say,
You are right, I never had to fight for one more day.
No, for me it was life or death...
I only had to fight for just one more breath.
You are right, I'd never understand your pain...
I choose to deal with it, so it wouldn't drive me insane.
I refuse to live on the fairs,
You must learn to see that it is only part of Satan's snare.
This is life...
You must learn to get along... or learn to live in strife.
The only way I can help is to let you know...
You need to learn the simple way to handle your terrible life...
Get over it, Cause if you don't then you will contiue your fit.
While you sit and cry...
The world will continue to go.
People will live, others will die.
If God wanted life easy and pain free...
The His only son wouldn't have died for you and me.
It was hard, why, wouldn't you cry...
if your son had to die?
God didn't say that life wasn't fair...
He didn't tell the worl that He didn't care.
His Son didn't throw a fit, but instead made a choice.
This was a choice, in which, He had to bring to life
Instead of just using His voice.
People living today, are so vulnerable and weak...
They sit and moan, having no idea how powerful the words they speak.
In order to receive fame...
It is taught that one must learn to blame.
They say, "Carry your hate! Let us think of his/her fate!"
Your heart can be deadly...
What you decide to dwell upon, will determine the life your lead.
Should the ground hate the sun... for it didn't shine?
Shall I hate you for taking time that was mine?
If not, then why do you hate?
Why try to be God and determine someone else's fate?
I don't mean to say that the fate is death...
No, you just want them to fight for one more breath.
You are the kind that drag others down
You just want the whole world to moan and frown.
I hope this poem steps on your toes...
I haven't said anything you didn't need to know.
I pray that this touches your heart,
and that you'll ponder this for a while...
-Marie J.

No comments: