Thursday, July 2, 2009

Having a 2 year old

I had the pleasure of keeping my grandson from Monday morning early until late Wed. afternoon. I admit I did use it as sorta gage to am I up to being mom to a 2 or 3 or 4 yo., (or all three.) After three wonderful days here or some things I learned, or taught my grandson.

Roley poley's are fun to play with! They roll up in a ball and can be picked up then. (type of bug).

Having a 2 yo messes up your quite time, but sure gives you lots of fun time early of a morning when others are resting. We had a great time cuddling and just praying together as we enjoyed the morning and I had coffee.


Helping granola chase cows on the ranger is FUN! Climbing on the ranger while she milks is fun, until you get stuck and have to be rescued because your high centered from the front seat to the bed.

Chasing ducks in the barn is fun! Both for him and for us to watch as the ducks avoid him. Not sure the ducks saw the humor. They quickly found the hole under the fence.

My girls all want to be mommy so I didn't have to many training pant/pull up accidents to deal with.

I have the greatest, happiest grandson so my comparing him to any children we might adopt may not be fair in how good they are and how easy they are to deal with.

It wasn't exhausting. I have to give God credit for enabling me in many ways that I have struggled in the past. I do have so much more energy that I did when my boys were young.

On Tue. we spent the day at a friends. Grand son's day started a little before 6. He finally crashed on my shoulder about 2:30 for a nap. He hadn't been fussy or grouchy at all. Just played and played and played. I picked him up and he snuggled so I stood and rocked him a couple of minutes while I continued to visit. He puddled against me and lights out! He slept over an hour, but not a long nap considering how tired he was. He did have an early bed time!

Wed. he was a bit tired and by 11:00 nothing suited him so I went and laid down with him. He fussed about 30 seconds and in less than 5 minutes was sound asleep for a nice nap. That afternoon he needed another nap as all he wanted was "Outside", and puddled in a heap since it was muddy and he wasn't allowed. I didn't even lay down with him that time.

He was glad to see mommy and daddy when they got home. Had to show mommy what he was doing on the porch. Playing like he was a puppy. He was more than happy this morning to abandon mommy to go with us to the post office to get baby chicks.

Since my "experiment" was such a success I did send my dh an email yesterday titled, "Think Bus" with a fwd from our case worker on some more children needing homes. His reply, "Are you hung up on GIRLS? MJ will go nuts!!!!!!!" Did I mention that this little sibling group had an 8 yo boy, which is the "perfect" age for MJ to be a big brother too, and three little sisters for everyone! Little being the key, 2, 3, 4! Everyone at the house except MJ got a laugh out of that. I tried to explain how well he would be prepared for being a husband after being in a home with 6 girls. Don't think he was impressed.

As to what is happening with the sibling group of 5? We have no clue! We are still wanting them, but more so wanting any child or children that God wants us to have. I have emailed their case worker asking to be kept in the loop, but no reply. I have offered to squeak to who ever she thinks would help get this done faster. So we wait and continue to prepare for more children. We pray for them and pray for those others seeking homes that God takes them to the perfect home for each group. That is all we can do.

This weekend we will work on the educational center more. I am hoping to move school out there by Monday. That may be just a dream, but dh DOES have a 3 day weekend to get stuff done.

No comments: