Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our 4th!

Dh had the 3rd off. Yea! Since he isn't suppose to be on the skid loader for 6 months after his back surgery I get to do that playing. Dh rented a grubber for the skid loader this weekend to attack the over growth of mesquite that we are dealing with.

I started at about 6:30 Friday morning on the skid loader, taking time out to milk I worked until about 11 am. Then worked around here and napped even. About 7 pm I started again and worked until 9:30. Today I wasn't that good. I didn't get started until about 7, and worked to 11 with milking then off and on until about 2. I do not have the energy to go back at attack it again.




This is the skid loader with the grubber attached.


Notice the V shape, you have to catch EACH tree in that V below ground level. Mesquite has a knot a few inches below the surface. You have to cut the root below that or it will grow back.
I'm not even trying to take out big ones, I like my big trees. I do try to take out the ones smaller than my arm.



Each dirt mound you see is at least one and usually several mesquites I uprooted.



Just to give you an idea of what a HUGE job this is. Remember each tree has to be caught in the V and uprooted.



You can see done in the foreground and to do further back.



Dh started framing out the door and window in the educational center (garage). Then after that he started working on the electric drops. Today he worked on cooling his sea container. Ds helped him yesterday with some of these projects off and on. Today he helped him with this sorta major project. When you consider it was over 100 today working in the sea container was HOT before they got the hole cut it was just hot after.
The windows on our house are "almond" colored, he hasn't found one yet so no window. Where as I think window! Who cares what color. It will be nice when done.


The sea container runs North and South. This window is in the north end. Our wind blows from the south, so it should cool the sea container a lot when we are trying to work/organize it. DH has plans of putting an AC in this window later.

This is what I am proud of! Notice the electrical plugs and computers all set up and ready for school Monday.
We still have a LOT of work, and the electric is only run on the North wall, for this stuff. DH needed some things he "forgot" the other day. He also got the overhead lights done. I can't wait to get the windows and doors done. :) Then it will start to feel more like a room.

1 comment:

Julie Zesch said...

Wow, this is wonderful and what an accomplishment. You are really going to enjoy this.