Monday, August 5, 2013

Numb…

Sometimes she writes for herself, some times for others.  When she writes it flows.  This one took less than 2 hours from start to finish.   Leave a commit and let her know what you think. 


Numb…

 

My world is shaking…

My heart is breaking.

 

I want to cry…

But, I can’t seem to try.

 

You break my trust…

You desire your lust.

 

With every lie…

My heart lets out a sad sigh.

 

To you, it might be dumb…

But, I feel so numb.

 

What should I feel?

How should I deal?

 

This isn’t what I wanted…

These images seem haunted.

 

When I see you, I want to shout…

Will you ever change? I can’t help but doubt.

 

It might seem dumb…

But, I am so numb.

 

Tell me how to cope…

I watch hopelessly as you flail on this slope.

 

Your life is in your hands…

Tell me how you aim to land.

 

Everyone dies, but not everybody lives…

 

Knowing its your choice…

It leaves my eyes moist.

 

I continue to pray…

Maybe you will change some day.

 

I have no hope…

I am just trying to cope.

 

It might be dumb…

But, I am numb.

 

I still love you…

There’s nothing I can do.

 

I am finished…

You made this blemish.

 

I won’t allow myself to be blamed…

It’s your choice all the same.

 

It’s your life…

This isn’t my strife.

 

This is the only way…

That I can say…

 

There’s nothing I can do…

But when you go; I will miss you.

 

One day, you will look back and see…

That is wasn’t so dumb…

 

When I … was numb.

 

~Marie J.~

No comments: