Friday, July 20, 2012

Focus

Today as we talked about goals and how much a child wants to achieve these goals I kept hearing over and over that they wanted to be better than bios, that they wanted to achieve more ….. Finally I told them their focus was wrong.  They didn’t get it.  They could see what they didn’t want; a life of poverty, cps and general yuck.

God gave me a neat explanation.  I had one child stand in one room and another in another room.  Said child stood where she could see both siblings.   I ask her which one she “wanted”, which was her goal in life.   I told her to lock eyes with the other child (what she didn’t want out of life,) and walk to her goals.   She got part way to her goal still looking at the sibling she didn’t choose.  Then it came to where she could no longer keep moving toward her goals and hold on to the gaze of her other sibling.   This is what happens when you focus on your past, on what you don’t want instead of what you want.  Somewhere along the path you reach a place you are stuck, you can’t go fwd as long as you are focused on your past, or what you don’t want. 

I pray she got it, I pray they all three learned something about letting go of the past and focusing on the future, the goals they want!

No comments: