Thursday, February 12, 2009

Being A Potter

Last night as my 17 yo and I dealt with some of her issues God showed me a vision. He showed me that she is a lump of clay, given to us by Him. Yes, she has had some work started, but for the most part for 17 years all that happened was she was kept alive.

As I talked to her God gave me these words. You are a lump of clay that God gave us. Not even a perfect clean lump, but a lump that has been abused by the world, that has stuff sticking out that isn't from God. We are to be God's hands as we mold this lump of clay into a BEAUTIFUL vessel for God. We are to work the stuff that isn't of God out. God's desire is for us as her parents to mold her and form her per His directions into His vessel. A Vessel that will be pure not only for God, but for her life mate. A man that God is making pure for her just as He is making her pure for him.

8Yet, O Lord, You are our Father; we are the clay, and You our Potter, and we all are the work of Your hand. Isaiah 64:8 (Amplified Bible)

As I spoke these words I wish you could have saw the pain and hurt and amazement on her face. She has never saw a potters wheel. I plan on finding some one that is throwing something to allow her to watch, maybe even get her hands dirty so she can better picture what God is doing as we spin her round and round pulling out the yuck, some of which is very painful.

No comments: