Monday, February 2, 2009

Productive Monday!

Since I will be gone next weekend my DH ask me to do a few things. Mainly make pancake mix so all he has to do is add eggs and milk. I decided to make a double batch of granola also. I never make a single batch of anything around here. Today I have made two batches of granola and 2 batches of pancake mix. That is about 16 cups of flour for the pancakes and then 18-20 cups of oats in the granola. I even remembered to add apple pie spice and cinnamon to the granola. I have the dried fruit ready to add. I think I will sneak me some out first. I would rather not have it.

I still would like to make bread today or tomorrow. I should make tortillas too, but not sure just how long this energy level will last. :) I am working on laundry today also. I sorta got a late start on that. My focus was on cooking instead. I can't do the bread until I finish the granola. I use my oven like a dehydrator.

In barn news I have decided the cow that I "thought" was going to calf isn't. She cycled yesterday so that means 9 LONG months until a calf from her. OK, I will just keep milking her. I can use the milk.

I need to get my stuff together for retreat. I don't like last minute things. Thursday is a town day and I want to be ready to leave Friday when DH gets home. I did find my sleeping bag already. Laundry will be done today. I then just need clothes packed. I may go ahead and pack a Bible just so I don't forget it. Weather looks wonderful for this weekend! Yea! More yea for DH than us. Having room for kids to run is better than having 7-10 kids all shut up in the house all weekend. My mental list of don't forget is my MP3 player and sleeping bag. I figure I could make do without everything else but those two thing I want! :)

No comments: