Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Today's the day!

We will be leaving for town about 7:30. WAY to early! It should be interesting to see how this works. We will be doing this through a conference call to AR. The Judge and S's lawyer are there and ours will be here. I really do like her lawyer. She called her last night to chat and to chat with us. That is above and beyond. She also picks all the kids up that are her "kids" each week and takes them to church. We need more lawyers like this!

As of last night S was yo-yoing between being excited and scared it wouldn't really happen. S has had some behaviour issues the last few days, nothing bad, just more than "normal". Sunday morning after yet again pushing the limit. I looked at her and said, "It really doesn't matter how big a butt you are between now and Tue. We ARE adopting you!" She wanted to question it, I didn't have time. That night she came to me to talk and said she didn't know why she had been acting the way she had. She was sorry. That she was acting this way because she was scared about the adoption. She just can't believe it is going to happen. I agreed with all she said and told her she was "normal". That all her actions were no more than expected. That she could do them and I would give the consequences to go with them. The boundaries are tight. She agreed and was glad. I explained to her that it is her last ditch effort to prove all those people right that said she was unlovable. She started crying and talking about how many people had told her that. We talked about them and truth and just cuddled on the couch a while. I told her God willing and the creek didn't rise we would be finalizing on Tue. Then I added I really hoped the creek rose! She laughed and agreed since we need rain so bad!

I so admire her. Can you imagine at 16 being willing to move to a new state with strange people at the chance of a better life? Not many any age would be willing to do it, and embrace it with love and determination like she has. She is very brave!

Today if you think of it keep us in prayer that all goes without a hitch. I don't expect problems. I know this was God ordained from the start. Satan may try to mess it up, but he has no authority.

I'm not sure what we will do after the adoption is final. I need to make a Wal-mart run. We may stick around town for lunch. Then home to do school and on with life.

All have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to your profile on OurPrayer, then followed the blog path to here...Lol. By this time you're finished in court & I pray all went well. I have enjoyed reading about your life & will pray for your family, since that's a whole lot more effective than wishing you good luck.

Flutterby9322 (Vanessa)