Friday, January 30, 2009

"before I saw the world artfully!”

West Texas in winter isn't pretty. I love where I live and love being a Texan, but winter is hard. This year because we are in such an extreme drought it is extra hard. In good or wet years or even "normal" years you have the green weeds, the wheat fields that add splashes of green. The wild flowers that start growing now to be ready to bloom as soon as winter might be over. This year we have shades of brown. I find that very depressing.

I read a blog, Holy Experience that back on Monday, January 12, 2009 she said "before I saw the world artfully". That phrase has been resounding in my head ever since. My DIL sees the world artfully. I am amazed at some of the things she takes pictures of that are beautiful. I challenged myself to improve.

Yesterday as I took kids to meet my BIL at the half way point I remembered to grab my camera. Now stopping and taking pictures with 4 kids in the car, 3 EXCITED kids, well I didn't try. Coming home I did, as my dd who was with me put it, "Have an adventure." We drove down county road, we made U-turns, we backed up we took the LONG way home. All for pictures! BROWN pictures for the most part. I decided to share some with everyone. This is some that just maybe see "the world more artfully!"

How about some feed back on these pictures! Which ones do you like, dislike why? I can take it.... if not I can delete your reply :). Most of these are just pull off the hwy and snap a couple, some out the window some I did get out of the car.

1.









2.





3. I LIKE windmills....




4.

5.

6.

7.








8. Running water in W. Texas this year is a treat!







9.








10.








11.








12.









13. Not sure what you are seeing....








14. Yes, that really IS a pelican! There were two of them. Now get your map out and find Lake Ivy. How many miles is that from any salt water?


15.









16.











17.








18.









19.









That's all folks!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I have to say, those photos were beautiful...breathtaking. My mother goes through seasonal depressions, but me, I see the beauty in all the seasons. God makes things so delightful even in all browns!!! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures - especially the water ones and the barn. I enjoy black & white or brown pictures. That way you are not distracted by the colors and can see the beauty of the scenery or object that God has made. Truly spectacular. And keep up the good work!

Jan / aka PraiseHisName