Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Abducted!

One very angry young man!
Found!
One joyous, happy, fun loving, responsible 9 yo!


Romans 12:2 states:  Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.  

All I can say is I see this passage in D9.  He is a different child.  His anger has gone.  He talks a lot about God and what it means to be a Christian.  He talks about how God loves him even when he makes bad choices.  He accepts correction with little or no argument.  He is working ahead in school.  Usually 1-3 days ahead.  He is still all boy.  He still gets into trouble, but it is boy led trouble not anger led.  He isn't out to make anyone mad.  He even talks about how he isn't mad at me any more.  How he doesn't want to make me mad.  

This has been going on since the day I took the "Mad" face picture.  Even that day the anger didn't last.  Since that day, 2 weeks and 1 day ago it has been totally gone.  First week he would start with his mad face and I would ask him, "Think you better check with God on your attitude."   He would and change.  One day I ask that and his reply was, "I, don't have to check with God!  I know He doesn't like it!"  I didn't look up I just ask, "What does God want you to do."  "CHANGE IT!"   end of discussion!  He changed it!
Yesterday he came the closest to having a melt down that he has come over some math I wouldn't let slide.  It lasted maybe 3 minutes.  Then he got over there and found the right answers.  He pops through all day does a lesson or two and goes on.  All of these are aheads.  He is done with that days lessons. 
 
Even the therapist last week could only stare.  She had never saw such a transformation in a child.  She gives glory to God also for it.  She said He is the only explanation.   I love it!  Sunday at Church D9 told several people "I believe in God now!"   One boy fell and busted his lip.  D9 came in where he was and when told why he was crying, said, "Can I pray for you?"  He came over and prayed the sweetest prayer.   God is amazing!  I just stand in Awe of what He is doing in my children's lives and hearts.  

No comments: