Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Another Home Made Laundery Detergent



In my quest to find the easiest way to do home made laundry detergent I stumbled across this recipe. 
3 Tablespoons Borax
3 Tablespoons Washing Soda
2 Tablespoons Dawn Dish soap
Put these ingredients in a one gallon jug. Pour 4 cups boiling water into the jug. Swirl until ingredients are dissolved in the liquid. Let liquid cool. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle.I love this because you can pick an awesome scent with the Dawn dish soap. This dish soap works the best because it gets grease out. :o)
 Because I am never happy with status que I had to tweak it just a tad.   I added oxyclean, and upped all the spoons to 3 table spoons.   This is the second batch I have made.   I use an old dawn pump bottle to store it.  I am on my second gallon of this.  It seems to work well.  

I posted it here so I don't have to go searching for it next time I want to make it. :)  There are several other neat ideas on this blog. 

No comments: