Monday, October 29, 2012

What's Next?

I have been ask, "What's next?" along the adoption front.   We had a wonderful time this weekend.   On talking to our guest case worker she also had a great time.   Our plans at this point are to continue visits.  We are planning on next visit being Thanksgiving.  This will either scare her or she will just go with the flow.   I am thinking she will flow.  

I do have some specific prayer request.  

One that she get out of school on Tue for Thanksgiving, so we can get her that day instead of pie day.   :)   I am highly blessed with daughters and daughter in love that can do the pies, but I would love for her to get to help.

Two that dealing with our local cps will be positive.  I am not sure how much dealing we will have to do, but we will have some.   Pray for a spirit of corporation between all of us. 

Three is personal in that I am really struggling with that little voice on my shoulder that is filled with negativism.  It doesn't have to do with adopting, that I feel very at peace about.  It is dealing with our new cps worker. I have been battling this ever since she seemed to take a dislike to everything about us.   I need to continue to take every thought captive, reply with power from the Word.  Sunday morning God gave me a verse I keep holding to:  Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; do not fret-it only causes harm  Ps 37:8 NKJV  I do well with the ceasing from anger and forsaking wrath.  The part that was convicting for me was the do not fret-it only causes harm.   I really have to work to not fret in some areas.  I do know fretting is counter productive, a waste of energy and just generally not healthy.   I do I do I REALLY do!   Yet it is a struggle and a battle.   Pray for me that I will stand and the little voice can't be heard over the praises I sing to God.

Four is that doors open or shut as His will.  We hear His will.  Most of all no hearts, especially children's hearts will be hurt.  

 

No comments: