Friday, May 17, 2013

New Calf

I knew she was close.  I have been checking her every day.
 
Last night we came home just before dark.  We jumped on the ranger and raced dark to check on her and a goat we were watching.   I was surprised to see this TINY red calf.   I really didn't think it would be this color.   I love the color.   I hope he grows fast, he has a lot of growing to do. 



 He will be good steak in about 18 months :)  

I have two more cows to calve.  One is sorta close the other I am thinking near vacation time.  Timing is every thing! 

Other picture news first tomato is ripe!  I have a couple more starting to change color.  

More of my grape vine sticks.  I would guess 75% of the sticks are leaving out.  Some are well leafed out. I am not sure what we will do will all of them.  My friend gets all she wants. 
 

No comments: