Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Another Poem...


I Am

I am a young woman wise beyond her years…

I am a conqueror of terror and fears.

 

I am the forgiver and the forgiven…

I am the girl who has done the forbidden.

 

I am a daughter who has a price to pay when I disobey…

I am a young woman who struggles at times to obey.

 

I am a survivor of abuse…

I am a girl who isn’t afraid to lose.

 

I am a young woman who made a choice…

I am the one who isn’t afraid to raise her voice.

 

I am a girl who has hated and loved…

I am someone who has questioned God above.

 

I am strong…

I am sometimes not afraid to admit I am wrong.

 

I am not as far as I would like to be…

I am better then what I used to be.

 

I am the future wife of a Godly man…

I am waiting as God works out His plan.

 

I am the young woman who is saving her first kiss.

I am the one who wants to wait for her lover’s bliss.

 

I am not ashamed of who I am.

I am not looking for riches or fame.

 

This…

Is who I am.

~Marie J.~

No comments: