Monday, July 22, 2013

Catching up on my world!

On Friday we took both our bug boy, and 17 yo's brother back to our meet in the middle spot.   It was bittersweet.   We enjoyed the week.  It was over all very good.   It was interesting and stressful as I spent the week in observation mode.   What would work best for him?  How will he mesh in our home?  What are his triggers?  What are his fears?   How am I going to teach him best?  What does he like?  What bothers him?   If you think of that repeating a zillion times a day in your head as you observe you can see why my brain was tired.  

My 11 yo didn't have such a great week.  Was it because of 10 yo bug boy?  I don't really think so, maybe a tad, but mostly it was those two test he was to do on Monday.  I didn't notice them ahead so he could have them written.  Soooooooooooooo he had a long week of refusing to work.   Such is life.   I am sure that having Bug Boy around played a part, but not the whole thing.  

Thursday we spent ALL day in town.  We played at the park.  Lots of good fellowship.  Then we had a LONG lunch with DIL and DH.  It was nice.  After that it was off to do my regular Thursday stuff.  We finished up at the Library.  After that Dh took the whole bunch home while I had a night of fun with other moms.   I might have gotten home late.   While I was away bug boy broke down and cried about leaving.  He got lots of reassurance.  With 3 big sisters all comforting he was able to go to sleep.

My plan was to sleep in, 6:30ish Friday morning.   I didn't get to.  I woke up about 5:45 ready to get up.  So I did my Bible time and finished gathering the things my bug boy needed to pack.  While he was here he had made some clay pendents.  I soaked them all in the oils I had been putting on him each night.  I told him when he was missing us or feeling sad to smell them.  I pray it helps him. 

Saturday we were off to the flea market.  It seemed lots of things reminded all of us of him.  We missed him!  I was ask several times if I had heard from his case worker.   I hadn't!   It was a fun day.  We didn't buy a think at the flea market but walked and looked and teased and laughed as a family.   Then ate out again!  

Sunday the older 2 boys went to help bless a young couple that are working on remodeling their kitchen.  Dad was going in later, as he also had to haul in two beeves to be slaughtered.   The big boys, forgot to leave an air tank of air for him to air a trailer tire up so he had to wait on them to haul beeves.  He was OK with that as with all this blessed rain mesquite grub well.  I spent the day just doing some fun things around here.  I made a blanket for a friend, can't wait for her to get it.  I did more toothpaste.  I read some and just hung out.  It was what I needed a down day after being on the go for 3 days before. 

Today I waited until almost noon to email case worker.  I thought I did great!   She is hoping he can come visit again the weekend of the 2nd.   I know two weeks!   My prayer is instead of a visit it will be a move.  I don't know how that will work out since his CW will be out of state, but God can do it.   He is able to do exceedingly above and beyond.  What needs to fall into place is subsidy and home school waver, besides him needing to get some appointments behind him.   So we continue to walk in faith.  We know God's timing is perfect.  I have to battle my wish that the timing was FASTER! 

Today I also managed to make laundry soap. I tried a new recipe.  http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/08/make-a-years-worth-of-laundry-soap.html  

3 bars Fels Naptha, grated ($1.33 x 3)
1 box Borax  ($5.85  -  76 ounces)
1 box Washing Soda ($4.07  -  55 ounces)
2 cups of baking soda ($0.53 cents)
2 containers of Dollar Tree Oxyclean (I bought mine at Family Dollar store…SUN Brand…$4.00 each)
1-2 containers of Purex fabric softener crystals ($6.97  -  28 ounces) 
Use 2 tablespoons per load. Put it right in the barrel if you have an HE washer.

I didn't use the fabric softener crystals, I didn't want the scent.  I will add a few drops of EO if I want it to smell.

I also came up with an idea to help (I hope), keep the kitchen cabinets clean (er)  maybe.   I cleaned an area then took a picture of it clean.  The cabinet top needs to look like that after they clean the kitchen after each meal.  I am hoping that there will be less excuses this way. 

We are busy planning for vacation.  I am excited but at the same time wondering how it will go with 7 kids.   We are doing lots of fun things.  It will happen in Sept. 
 

No comments: