Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Poem Two


Her…

 

I see her eyes dart around…

With every slap, a kick, a shove-

She dare not make a sound.

 

I hear her cry out…

All of the lies have caused her to doubt.

 

The terror in her eyes makes my heart ache.

Her soundless sobs causes her body to shake.

 

Yet, not a tear reaches her mournful eyes…

She silently wanders when she will die.

 

I wish I could hold her…

Her father’s words are nothing but a slur.

 

Her mother is rarely home…

The little girl sets out to roam.

 

She searches for food…

She prays her parents will have a better mood.

 

If only I could tell her it would be okay…

If only I could have saved her that day.

 

Her steps are weak…

There is a cut on her cheek.

 

She longs for a hug or a kiss…

She has never experienced a young child’s bliss.

 

I want to hold her broken little body…

 

I want to rock and cry with her…

No child deserves to be caught in that hateful lure.

 

I would wipe away the blood…

I would tell her it is okay to let her tears flood.

 

How can someone be so unkind?

So heartless… blind?

 

She did nothing wrong…

She sings such a sad little song.

 

Her beautiful eyes are filled with pain…

How could anyone be so insane?

 

Nobody listens to her pleas…

How can nobody see?

 

You look and curl your lip…

Turn away and keep your mouth zipped.

 

You say, “It’s not my kid.”

You ignore the wrong that her parents did.

 

She is treated like trash…

Each day she gets bashed.

 

I wish I could’ve saved her…

But then again I don’t, for then she wouldn’t have been heard.

 

She couldn’t help others who are hurting…

 

In fact, this wouldn’t have been written!

 

Can’t you see?

This little girl is me!

 

~Marie J.~

2 comments:

Nola said...

A friend shared these words on my IM and I wanted them saved here for MJ to read and have when she feels she isn't impacting.
"I've read and re-read. Now I must think. I'm trying to think of something to sya, but I have no words right now. Don't know that I ever will or could. Wow. I read and felt words I've never spoken out loud in all my 51 years. MJ is an amazing, awesome, wonderful creation of God. She is His hands and speaks with His voice. "

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say. This is so emotional I can almost feel her pain. Thank God he got her out and in to a loving Christian home.