Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cold, Drizzly, Day...

Our high probably happened about about midnight last night. It is down to 28 now. It was 36 at about 2 AM when I checked the radar. We have a light mist falling. At 2 it was dripping of the house pretty good. Not I see it falling a bit, but it seems to just be clinging to things. Scanner says bridges are starting to ice. Schools are starting late... Well some schools! I have 2 already busy at work, it is just now 7 am. Forecast for today is more of the same with more "ice pellets" tonight. We have a 50% chance of it happening. This isn't my favorite way to get moisture, but I am praising God for each and every drop.

The two girls not in trouble spent the night with DIL last night. Wonder if anyone got any sleep? They were excited. Son is off on the truck so DIL invited them to keep her company. Yesterday morning they both were down stairs getting school done by 7. I don't see them yet! I guess they are either sleeping in or dreading that walk from her house to mine. I am not sure they took coats.
I wanted to share some this and that photos. This is doing school with a toddler helping.





Here are my two new milk goats in the making. They came all the way from Colorado!








Our weather has been so warm kids playing in the yard, in the dirt. We again don't have grass because grass requires water.





Critters supervising the kids playing in the yard.








Since we are cold and not warming up today I think I will cook a pot of beans on the wood stove. That will be a nice treat. I may see if I have any corn meal to make corn bread to go with them for supper.
For some reason I am having trouble loading pictures today. I am trying for the 3rd time! I don't know if the net is going down for seconds during the upload or if blogger is messing up. It is very frustrating. I finally went with the smaller pictures and finally got them loaded.





No comments: