Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wed.

on line auction
baby goats
cps
selling sheep

As always life is never dull. After chores yesterday which I rushed through so we would be in for CPS's visit MN comes in and tells me she things the nanny that is down is in labor. I go check, sure enough it is time to fish. This nanny is to weak to deliver them. I knew this already. Also because she has been down she hasn't moved around and allowed babies to get into correct positions. I start feeling to see what I have. I have a nose. Not what I need to make a easy delivery. Baby goats should be born in a diving position, two FRONT legs first with the heat between them. I then do some more "feeling" and working to find the front shoulders or even better a leg that is just not quite where it should be. Finally work around and get one leg fwd. but the baby won't slip, so more "fishing". Finally get the other front leg, but the baby has curled his head back against the body by now. So I have to now work his head fwd again. All this is done by feel in very tight space. I am doing double prayers as I do this. "Please Lord don't let me tear something and Please Lord don't let CPS show up right now." Once I get the baby in position he slides out easy. While I am doing all this I have no clue if it is alive or dead. When he plops out he cries! By then MN is out there I tell her to rub it while I see if we have twins. I find another small foot, just one so I have to follow it up, no head, but did find the other foot. I mange to get them out enough to see I have front feet, so I know the head is again turned back. I do know I have a live kid this time because when I let go of the feet back they go inside. With much work I manage to get the head in position and feet all at the same time. Out slides a smaller kid. I had sent T back to the house to get S so she could see birth. She got to see the second half of the fishing and the baby come out alive. T started rubbing. S was amazed. I left girls rubbing and S went back in with me. I cleaned up and we went back to waiting for CPS.

Son shows up ready to load some lambs for the sale. Back to the barn I go. We get the in a small pen to catch and load. Both MN and I were helping when I look up and S and the CPS worker are at the back door. So I go in to deal with that. MN gets to stay and help load!

Close to the end of the visit our case worker ask if when the adoption is complete did we want our home "closed" or left open. I tell her we are open to adopting again. The kids then start giving the list of what they want. I send for MN since she was the ring leader of wanting to ask for kids. She comes in and her list is she wants more kids. I think the case worker was shocked that they know what the TARE site is and even look at it. (Link is on the right, TEXAS ADOPTION RESOURCE EXCHAGNGE). She did ask if we were open to legal risk. We are. It so much depends on the kid(s). Again the right fit.

I really need to tell the case worker how hard her visits are on MN. After they left she came to me and said she didn't know why but it is hard and she is afraid when they come. That it stirs memories of them and her from her past. We talked about how all those memories are OK. Usually she frets over them coming from the time she knows they are coming. This time I didn't see it and she didn't express it. She was "looking fwd" to them coming so she could ask for more kids. So I wanted to make sure she got to ask. :) She still was bothered by the visit though. I look at it as so much progress that she could not be stressed before and ask for kids and then come to me later to discuss how she felt.

Today my oldest is in CO. attending a sheep and goat auction. I plan on watching it on line. He has started buying on line but wanted to see it up close at least once. I told him if his phone starts ringing and there are dairy goats or bottle babies in the ring don't bother answering just bid. I am sure if MN remembers that the sale is going on she will try to be done with school so she can watch over my shoulder.

It is barn time around here! Hope everyone has a blessed day!

No comments: