Friday, January 23, 2009

We have a baby!

Calf that is! Yes, it is exciting. I have been stretching milk for just babies for several days. I should have a better supply now. The girls found her and her calf yesterday afternoon. They said a red bull calf. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it. She came to the house to be milked. We did a little search but she has him tucked away well. I did get to talk to them about why he was hid, and NOT where she gave birth.

I also got my Nubian nanny kids from my son yesterday. :) I only got two. They are spotted and so sweet. My kids are in love! Oh I am fond of those big floppy ears too, especially when they are spotted! I will try to get pictures today.

We had a good time at the dinner last night. I really liked the Pres's wife. She was a school teacher for 20 years, elementary. You can tell she was a good teacher as we talked about issues and kids and reading and books and life in general with kids. I also liked the Pres. As I told my DH later, he was real. He wasn't out to impress anyone or make any one like him. He is a very soft spoken man. I ask DH if we could invite them to the Christmas Party next year.

Today our weather is suppose to be 80+. Tomorrow just above 50 for the high. No rain in the forecast. :( I need to go get feed for my sheep. I may wait and do it tomorrow. It will be to cold to do much outside enjoyably anyway. Today I may just soak up the sun! I may work in the garden a bit getting it ready for planting. I would like to bring some more of the old cottonseed trash down to work into the garden soil for mulch. I may clean out some flower beds and get them ready also. Lots of plans, but not a lot of ambition.

I have a young lady in trouble over her MP3. She was "looking" at music on the computer instead of doing her school. She knew that wasn't what should happen. So I have an MP3 player for a few days. When she is done with school and mad glances I will talk to her about making responsible choices. She wants to be allowed on the internet. This is a no no from AR that I haven't bothered to change. It is nice being able to use AR as the reason she can't surf. I am still "mentally" working on the rules as to where she can go etc. on the internet. I will be limiting it and watching it very closely. The adoption will be final next month and AR won't be a reason so she will be given the chance to responsibly surf. She won't be allowed to surf any where but in the living room with LOTS of young eyes helping. :) I will also be checking history and have in place measures for safety. I don't think she will be searching out yucky stuff as much as old friends/acquaintances/family. I will have to address these issues. Still waiting on God to give me direction on that.

Guess I better get off and accomplish something worthwhile. All be blessed!

No comments: