Thursday, January 8, 2009

Just Rambling

I can't seem to slow down long enough to update this bog. Life is going well. I have recovered 3 chairs. Just the seats. They are old office chairs that the chair part had warn totally out. Kids use 2 for school and one is my computer chair. I had bought a peace of upholstery fabric at a garage sale. I covered a foot stool a few months ago. Then these three chairs. I guess I got my money out of that $3-5 piece of fabric.

I have also been playing with stretching chicken meals. I have the ziplock bags of wonderful chicken breast. I was on a roll this week. I cooked one package of chicken breast. The first day I made chicken vegetable soup. I had a full pan, (8 quart pan). I had taken about 2/3 of the chicken out of the broth. DH didn't even get to TRY it when he got home! Second night I took about 1/2 of the chicken left cut it up added LOTS of water and some Better than Bouillon to it. We cut up mushrooms added some frozen veggies and pasta. It was parsley and herb pasta. Again the pot was FULL. I threatened kids if they made pigs. Dh did get a bowl. There were two small bowls left. The disappeared for breakfast yesterday. Last night I took the last of the chicken filled a pan with water, added the bouillon and vita mixed almost a 1/2 gallon of cooked left over squash. It was a full 1/2 gallon when I added some milk and corn starch. Once I had my gravy base I discovered I had to much water for the pan and the gravy. So I dug out another pan divided the chicken and gravy between them. I tossed 2 jalapenos in the vita mix with some gravy and spiced one pan up. To this I added some frozen veggies and spaghetti pasta. Once it was done and thick I tossed in a tiny bit of white and orange cheese. With two 8 qt cookers full I had 2 small bowls left! I have a feeling they will go for breakfast around here. I was just proud of how well I stretched the chicken breast and how well received the meals were.

Day before yesterday I called my adopted grandmother. She has spent her life working on sewing machines. I have 4 yes FOUR sewing machines. THREE of them were not working! I just wanted her to talk me through fixing one. I figured it was something stupid. She insisted on coming out. That way she got to visit and meet S. We had an awesome visit! She has "retired" from fixing sewing machines. Her knee is causing her lots of pain. I had already found this out. I had conspired with a friend that does meals to fix her a set of meals. I wanted to pay her for fixing all 3 machines, but nothing doing. So........... I cheated! As she and the girls went to the living room to visit I cut off lights and carried her tool box for her. I just "happened" to drop some money in it. She didn't find it until yesterday. She and her dh called and fussed. Oh how she is going to fuss when I deliver meals :) I can't wait!

Today is town day for us. I have a list! I always have a list! This one requires a trip to Sams along with walmart. We are out of cheese. That is very serious around here! I don't see us getting all we want done. S wants to stop by the thrift store for clothes. She has lost a lot of weight since she has been here and her taste have also changed. We have over due library books. I want to drive by a house my son is "thinking" about. I would like to stop and see my grand baby a minute.

This morning MJ is busy doing a consequence from dad. He has this "habit" of not getting the milker set up and to the barn on his day to do it. Now if it happened once in a while, I fuss. This is every time. Dad finally told him day before yesterday he would have it at the barn if he had to do it with NO clothes on! On time! Still didn't happen yesterday morning. It isn't like he doesn't have warning. First it is on his chore list. Second I feed sheep first. This is a 15-20 minute job. So his not getting the milker to the barn is done on purpose. Why? I don't know! I am letting DH deal with it. Maybe dad needs to set the tone on this. So MJ is busy this morning setting the milker up and taking it to the barn. Then bringing it in, taking it apart and setting it back up to take back to the barn..... 20 times.

It is time to start my day so off we go! All be blessed!

No comments: