Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This and That Wed.

This morning started with a child who decided she didn't want to set the milker and bottle bucket up in a timely manor. I don't play games by the rules. She later said she wanted to see what would happen. She didn't manage to get it to the barn before I fed my sheep and check them. Attitude! So she spent the next 3 hours putting on her PJ's then dressing, setting the milker up, the bucket up AND taking it all to the barn. Back to the house, to take all apart, a total of 10 times. She said she didn't like the consequences. It does seem that the rest of her day went MUCH better. I was very proud of me, I didn't get mad, just gave consequences :)

The rest of the day was good. I had two girls that arose about 6 AM to do school and chores. They were done with school before breakfast! They did their chores and had a down day. I keep hoping they will make the connection between getting up early and getting stuff done better.

I have been doing very good at assigning a child to help with supper this week. Today it was T and she was busy with the milker so I didn't assign her. Instead I made flat bread tonight and let all 4 of them roll it out and cook it. It taste really yummy. I am so short of milk I didn't even pretend to use milk. I just used water for my bread dough. It turned out great. I am not sure how much will be left for supper and future meals. I have a feeling supper is pretty much a done deal of fresh hot flat bread.


I had planned on supper being pizzas and green beans. The green beans are cooked and the hamburger meat for pizza. I will open some speghitti sauce and they can have some if they want.

Tomorrow night my dh and I have a "date". I am SO excited! (If you can't hear the sarcasum turst me it is dripping from it.) DH's company had a record month a few months ago and the President of the company is taking everyone and their spouses out for dinner. I struggle with this type dinner. I have NOTHING in common with the spouses from work, or the workers either. They are into putting on faces. I don't do that well. I don't want to see where the most expensive place to shop is, or how much booze you can consume when the company is paying. I did find out the Pres's wife is coming and is expecting so maybe we can chat about real things. At least I hope so! If my son gets a load then I won't get to go since my DIL is off to see her brother. I can't decide if I want to pray for a load, they need the work, or if I need to show up.

Now a couple of cute pictures just for fun! He is listening to S's MP3 player. Wish I could show you him dancing as he listened. It was so cute!

No comments: