Monday, January 19, 2009

Swimming Upstream.....

And other such ramblings.

It has been a tough week as I have been struggling with a child lying and stealing. I have known for a while I had a thief, but couldn't figure out for sure who. I finally got the proof late last week. We have battled all weekend over it. It is so hard when a child has an unrepentant spirit. She knows she did it, she knows it was wrong, but oh well, she is only sad that she got caught. So we keep talking and praying. I think her "issue" stem from feeling angry at her siblings who were "angry" at her. Oh what a confused and wicked web Satan weaves! See she "escaped" much of the abuse that the older two received. This led to them feeling "angry" at her because she wasn't being hurt as much. Yet, as we prayed and talked and prayed today both older children came to understand that her "hurt" wasn't physical on the outside where the bruises showed, but was spiritual. Wow! What an awesome God that will speak into their spirit such a truth! I really thought we were making progress, yet again she lied this evening over something so stupid. Such is life! We will continue to pray and seek wisdom as I dole out consequences. I know God can heal this issue. It just has to be in His time, not mine. I want her "fixed" now!

Yesterday I played on the skid loader. I stirred the cottonseed gin trash for the stock. They really like you doing this. As they pick the goody out they pack it down making it harder to find the goody. When you stir it they can easily find the goody again. It is sorta fun to do. After that I "played" a bit more with taking out some yucca's and a few small mesquite trees. On the way back to the house after I dropped off the skid loader I discovered I had a brand new baby, think still bloody umbilical cord that didn't have mama around. He was trying to find anything that would feed him. So I stuck him in my bucket in the ranger and off I went.

While I was picking him up I could hear another lamb crying. So I was driving slow and looking. I discovered I had a ewe in trouble. The chase was on. Finally after recruiting extra help we caught her. She had a head and one leg out but that didn't slow her down much. I pulled two lambs. I hoped (ha!) that as we went away she would claim them. No such luck! So to the house they went.

I did discover who the baby I had put in the ranger belong too. She was an ex bottle baby so gentle. She was a first time mama. I had very little trouble catching her. I brought her to the house and put her in the pen with the baby. It was like, "Oh there you are! I wondered where you went." Grrrr Sheep! So this morning she went back with the rest of them.

I did try catching the mama to the other two this morning. I made her feed them all day. She wasn't interested in them so I decided oh well. It is easier to bottle them than fight with her. I will turn her loose in the morning. I may just put her on the back side so I know she needs to go when I make another sale run.

I think my bottle baby count is up to about a dozen. I have the oldest goat that ds brought me from the sale barn, then three lambs that mamas didn't want. One of a set of triplet goats, and one from a set of twins. Mama didn't have enough milk for those. Then the nanny that I pulled the twins. The little white lamb that is a tiny twin. Then the two new lambs from yesterday. If you want to count be my guest!

This wee we FINALLY get to take our beef to the processor! Yea! One down one to go! I pray dh gets the freezer up and going before the second one comes home. I think I can move and juggle enough stuff to have room for one. I may have to suggest ds move his critter skins somewhere else. Given a choice of beef or critter skins in the freezer the beef winds hands down!

I am thinking I will be needing a new washing machine soon, or more repairs on mine. I would NEVER recommend a Whirlpool Duet. It has been less than desirable. Right now, besides shaking like it is out of balance, it is making a funny noise as it pumps the water out. Water pump again or filter? Who knows! Finally dh has just left the front cover off so that it is easy to clean out the filter. This filter isn't made to be cleaned, you have to take the thing apart, have a bucket to catch the water and then tackle it.

We made the best grilled chicken and veggies, or chicken stir fry, what ever you want to call it tonight. S had cooking detail. I had her chopping onions, peppers, zucchini and chicken. Then I spiced it up ending with squeezing 2 oranges into it. We grilled it on the grill. I also cooked a pot of parsley and garlic noodles. It was great! I need to remember to do it again next time we have squash of some kind. S was very proud of herself for all the cooking she did. Granted she wimped out on me before she got through grilling all the chicken and veggies. I laughed at the small pan of veggies she was going to call enough. I pointed out she was cooking for an army!

Time to send kids to bed. All be blessed!

No comments: