Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bible Study....

I decided to share what I am doing for a Bible study, and how. I am really loving and getting a lot out of it. I bought me a cheap Bible from CBD last time I ordered to highlight in. I have a problem marking in a book of any kind, especially a Bible. I am doing a study on healing by Kenneth Hagan. I am also listening to a lot of teachings by Thurman Scrivner, http://www.tlsm.org/ .

Since I am such a trusting person I started out just wanting to double check what they said against the Bible. Then I decided I wanted to learn the verses they use. They are powerful verses. I came up with the idea of reading them daily. I would highlight all the healing verses they talk about so I can go back and study them. That was when I decided to buy the Bible just for highlighting healing verses. Then to make it easier I put those little colored sticky tabs on each page I had highlighting on. Now each morning I read those passages aloud as I dig deeper into finding more scriptures on healing. With all the colorful tabs I have on my Bible it looks like the feathers of a peacock. Now every morning I journal, then pray then read all the healing verses I have highlighted aloud. During the day I try to do the Hagan study and listen to some more Scrivner. Highlighting more verses daily to read.

Anyone want to share their special way they have learned to dig deeper into God's Word? Or join me as I dig deeper into what the Bible says about healing? I am amazed at what I am learning, and putting into practice.

No comments: