Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We got a Shower!!!

Praising God for the moisture. So for we have only had about .2 of rain. Hey that is more than we have had all year I think! We have a 90% chance of rain today. I am praising God and thanking Him for what we have had and what is yet to come. He is the provider of rain.

Other news.... Kids had a much better day yesterday. Several of them were so pleased that they were finished with school in a timely manor. They seem to just need to test and see that boundaries are safe and then they buckle back down and do what is expected with a joyful spirit. Today I have 2 that are already finished with school for the day. It isn't 8 AM yet.

Yesterday after school they all went up stairs and played/read I don't know what all for hours. Even S was in on it. It was such a peaceful day. I got what I needed accomplished and they were very content to just do their own thing, no Mommy Mommy. I love it when the house reeks of contentment. The noise level is there, but it is different when they are content than when they are out to cause trouble.

I am teaching S to milk. She has mastered one cow, pretty well. She still has trouble tell if she is empty. I have started teaching her to milk the second cow. She is harder since you have to hang the milker by a belly band on her. It is much harder to get the milker with milk in it off of her and not spill it, or drop it. It is heavy and you have to do it one handed. She is doing pretty well with cow number 3. To me she is the second easiest to milk. Mainly because they are slung low enough you don't have to hang the milker to reach the teats.

As usual life got in the way of my posting. Chore time came and I had to abandon posting for chores. After chores I made gravy to go with the biscuits we had left over from the other night.

Since children didn't manage to be dressed for chores by chore time they all got the privilege of going to the gate and getting their clothes pin off the gate. Then they brought it home and showed mom. After that they took it back to the gate. Did I mention it is 41 degrees this morning. On the way back MN heard baby goats crying so she took a "different" route home. Our neighbor's goats are kidding and many of them are walking off and leaving them. I have found 2 on our property already. This morning there were 2 on his property, next to the fence. They were very humped up and no nannies in site. If they were cared for mom might feed them and go off and leave them, but they would be curled in a nice warm ball, not standing and crying. We brought them home. They wouldn't last but a few hours in this cold with no food. I am a sucker I know.

Once we got home MN discovered one of our young nannies had a problem. She thought that the nanny was kidding, I didn't think she was, that shouldn't happen until May. We were both right. She was aborting. Oh the joys of dry weather! Many goats will abort instead of carrying it to term and developing toxcimea. So since she had this nice little bag we just stuck the two cold babies on her and allowed them to drain her. They knew exactly what to do! I hope in time she will adopt them.

Since we could hear another baby further up on the neighbors property I called my dh to get him to call the neighbor and see if we could go check for him. He doesn't live there. I got dh to call since he isn't the best neighbor you could have. I hope dh has time to call and we get permission to go check for him. I am NOT holding my breath though.

When we got to the house the guys were here to get the freezer up and running! YEA!!! Praying it all goes quickly and with no problems. IGA has beef ribs on sale this week! They have been $2.99 or more and this week they are $.99 a lb. MMMMMmmmm! We love beef ribs. Besides the fact that our other beef is ready.

OK time to get busy around here. ...Oh dh called back and talked to the neighbors wife and she would have someone go check so :( We tried.

No comments: