Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday afternoon~Break time!

This morning I left kids eating breakfast and doing school. I ran and got feed. It only takes about 45 minutes to an hour. They did fine.... I assume since the house was still standing and no one was tattling.

Last night I had this great idea of downloading some teachings I have been listening to onto my MP3 to take to bed and listen to. I finally gave up at 10 PM on doing it. I have put music on it, but nothing from the net. This morning I finally got it figured out. So I have listened way to much to my MP3 today. Here are the teachings I am listening too. http://www.tlsm.org/ So far I haven't found anything not scriptural. I do a lot of listening and looking up on the computer what Bible verses he uses. Making sure they are taken in context. I have been praying and saying for a while we are missing the power we should have. I have been praying and reading and trying to figure out why all these wonderful things happened in Acts. And we were told by Jesus we could do more than Him, yet we don't do any of those things, or very few. As I have prayed and read and meditated on this for a while I have come to understand that we do have more power. I have saw that power used to cast out a demon in someone, I have saw emotional healing that is beyond man's understand. I KNOW the power is there, we just have to grow and understand God's plan. This man seems to be growing and understanding it. I have enjoyed his stories. I like war stories. His are war stories for God. I listen and I pray and I read and study God's word. I don't want man's version, but I do know God can use man to teach me and guide me. So that is my prayer.

On to other topics. Today I figured out an easy way to fill my feeder. I had a ton of feed on my truck. I needed 13 bags in my feeder, that is 650 lbs. I got the skid loader and parked it behind the truck dumped 7 bags in the bucket and drove around to to the feeder and very carefully unloaded it. Came back and kids dumped 6 bags in. :) Done deal, I didn't even sweat! That meant I still had 27 sacks of feed to off load. I again parked the skid loader and this time didn't dump sacks. Took them to the barn and dumped! They aren't neatly stacked.... but they are out of the weather and away from critters and that is all that matters.

While I was busy with feed I started smelling grass smoke strong. I stopped and looked around and checked it out but couldn't see anything but a blue haze. I checked my favorite fire site, http://www.firedetect.noaa.gov/viewer.htm , sure enough it was showing a fire with a smoke plume that went right over us. The fire was over 2 counties away. It must be pretty big. The wind has gotten stronger but for a couple of hours I went around sniffing and smiling. The smell of this fire reminds me of Uncle Douglas's pipe. He has been gone around 20 years, but that is what I smell :) On this site you can click county boundaries and then zoom into an area to see exactly where the fires are.

After I got feed put out and up I resorted my sheep, seems a gate didn't get closed good. So I had sheep where I didn't want them. All the kids helped. I did very well at being "quite" for me. We will see how well they stay where they should this time. Life is never dull.

Tonight is T's turn to help with supper. We are doing round steak some way. I think I will have her slice it up while I do sheep and then do some peppers and we will stir fry it with some squash and serve over noodles. Sounds easy! Time for me to get over my break! All be blessed!

No comments: