Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Peace.....

We had a wonderful weekend. We splurged and bought a few beef ribs to cook on Sat. We only got 1 5o lb box. I thawed a few from our beef and then one package of chicken quarters. That is a full days worth of cook. I started the fire and had the first batch on to cook before my older son came over to help. He pretty muchly took over cooking them. The first couple of slabs didn't hardly last lone enough to cook enough to be cut up. They were grabbed up quickly and ate. From there we ate ribs and fruit off and on all day. Here is just a few snap shots to make your mouth water. They really were just as good as they looked. We had 7 zip locks of BBQ to put away that evening. I'm not sure how few we have left. I didn't even bother freezing any. I figure they won't last long enough to worry about.





As we ate we tossed rib bones outside. The dogs got to the point they didn't even move to come get another one. This picture says it all! He is snarling because another dog came close but that is the extent of how much effort he is putting into eating his bone.








I couldn't help but be amazed and thankful for the peace that was flowing through our house. How many people can say that on a cold rainy weekend with 9 people in the house from 1-50 your house was filled with peace? Ours was! We had my 4 at home, my son and his family, and my DIL's brother. Yet it was just so peaceful. Here is a snapshot of grandson being all boy.

No comments: