Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Ramble

Some times it is so easy to slide into sin and not really notice. I use to write/journal to God every morning. The eczema on my hands got so bad I gave it up. It was almost impossible to write with my hands slathered in grease of some kind trying to stop the itching and or bleeding. My hands have been improving, but I hadn't went back to writing God a letter every morning. Friday God really convicted me that it was time, past time to again write. I bought a new journal while I was in town.

Sat. morning I drug my self out of bed. Oh how the flesh complained. I knew I needed to get up earlier to do this right. Talk about dying of the flesh! Once I was up, coffee made and I was writing I was very glad I did. You know it just feels good when you do what God calls, even if it wasn't what I wanted to do. My day was better because of it. Sunday, again I had to slay that flesh. Staying in bed sure would have been nice. Again I felt blessed once I started writing.

I know that I need to go to bed by 9 if I am going to get up by 6 and function. So I did as I needed. This morning I still had to slay that flesh. The bed was oh so nice and warm! I pleaded for just a few more minutes. I should/could have gotten up when dh left about 5:45. I didn't get that much flesh killed. So at straight up 6:00 God woke me. I drug me out of bed. I so enjoy my time with the Lord once I get up and get started. It is just my flesh is weak! It likes that bed and sleeping. I will be working on overcoming this. I know I can. I use to love getting up early and spending time with God. I will again!

S is doing good after her traumatic Friday night. She is sad, and hurting and all her feelings are normal. She hasn't woke me in the night. I am not sure how well she is sleeping. I did tell her when those images come into her head to replace them with the images from MN's poem. After we talked and she wrote some on Sat. She napped some. Then I made her wake up and we made a carrot cake. I wanted her to be busy.

The cake was really good. It is the recipe out of Guidepost. I will post it later, with all my changes to make it healthy. We took it to Church yesterday, and the kids finished it off last night. This without the cream cheese frosting!

Today is get back in the swing of things Monday. I have laundry to do and feed to go get then feed to put out. I'm not sure how this will all work into my day. I may leave kids doing school and go get feed. They SHOULD be able to do that! I haven't been brave enough to do it. It is what needs to happen. Other wise I will end up stressed trying to get school done load kids go get feed etc. before they close. I may also wait until tomorrow to do feed I have enough and the feed mill is usually short on Monday's.

Chore list is printed for everyone. Coffee is drank and time for play has run out. I will post the carrot cake later today on my recipes. All have a blessed day. I will also update my Bible verse later.

No comments: