Friday, March 20, 2009

It's working....




Our walk in is COLD!!!!! Today I am off to get the other beef. Then we get to organize it in the freezer. That will be a cold job! It is -20 in there! BRRRRR! Everyone knows how much I love cold. We put milk in it to start the day!
To give you an idea of size, each shelf is 36 inches long.





Freezer is rather cool, -20F. Gives having a cooling off place a whole new meaning :)


In other news kids are in trouble, collectively! Seems S figured out how to get into the teachers Switched on Schoolhouse and was sharing answers if mom was outside. :( Their consequence is they have to retake all the test for the year. Any test they can't pass, they get to redo that section. Think 6 week test! Think 5 subjects! We won't be going to the flea market this weekend, they will be doing school. I had planned on taking a couple days before we start the next years school the first of April for a field trip. That won't be happening either. Their loss! Saves us money and wear and tear on the car. Since this was a one or two night away from home plan.
Two of them are like OK we will get it done. One is quietly grumbling about having to do ALL the test, even the ones before we got S. And one yo-yos between shooting daggers/silent treatment and pretending it didn't happen. Such is life! Do the crime, do the time! How long it takes is totally up to them. They can choose how fast they decide to study/review and work.
I am sad/frustrated at their choices, but the choice was theirs to make. MN is the one that spilled the beans. Seems God sent her a wake-up call night before last. She was listening to some Christian music and the name of the song was "Repent" Over and over it tells you to repent. As she listened God send her a vision of demons marching toward her. She KNEW they had legal access to her because of the cheating! She started repenting, in fact she said she told God she was sorry for every sin from birth on. As she confessed the demons stopped coming, and finally went away. After that God spoke to her. "Daughter, go tell your mom what you did!" She said she was scared to tell me, this was about 11 at night. She thought about it a bit and decided that telling me wouldn't be near as bad as the demons so she recited the 23 Ps. Down stairs and woke me and confessed. I told her after her experience, "Go and sin no more!" has a whole new meaning. She looked at me with wide eyes and said, "YES! I don't ever want to see those demons again, much less give them legal access to me!" Now I am praying that God will send wake up calls to the other three and convict them that the choices they make have very real and life changing consequences. Want to stand in agreement with me on that?
Can you tell that life around here is never dull? I get up each morning wanting to see what God will do this day! It IS exciting! I am blessed and highly favored!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely love the new walk in! Ya'll did a great job.

What a testimony for MS! Not the best news to hear about the cheating (dealt with that before myself with my children) but Praise Him! I always tell my children, even if I don't know what you have done, He knows and will always make ways for you to repent and turn to Him because He loves us all so much! Thank you for sharing.