Sunday, March 29, 2009

Pantry Cleaning....

Yesterday Dh and I spent the day cleaning and re arranging the pantry. My pantry is 8 ft wide and 32 foot long. At the end of it is our new walk in frig/freezer. Yesterday we took out the milk frig, the chest freezer and the upright freezer from there. To do this we had to take the washer and dryer out first.

I am not sure what I will do with all the new and extra space. I am sure I will come up with something. I now have one upright freezer in the pantry that doesn't work. I use it to store milk jars. We talked about taking it out, but it works so well, they stay clean and dust free while being able to put them in wet and they will dry on the wire racks.

We tore up the torn and old flooring. We had talked about putting new down, but I am happy with the plywood. It looks much better than the torn lounium that was in there.

It is amazing how much trash collects, and unusable things. I think we tossed about 4 or 5 bags of trash and stuff.

For now I have some more shelves that we weren't using set up in there. I am not sure if this is the way I want it to stay or not. I am thinking about making a family closet out of part of it, but haven't gotten that figured out yet with the space I have. That may depend on if we get more kids or not. :)

That is still a prayer at this point. I think the last day to submit was Friday so they should be making a decision soon. I know several things will have to happen if we are to get them. I am trusting God for those provisions.

Other news kids are still working on re-doing test and units from their choices of cheating. I gave them until next Friday to be done. Any subject that does not have passing test and passing averages will be redone for next year. I am through arguing and fighting. They can do it or re-do the year, their choice. Our next school year will start April 6th.

I gave the kids permission to join the world of the Internet. They can earn the privilege by memorizing Proverbs. Proverbs 1 will get you a month of Internet. By then they are required to know Proverbs 2...... We will see just how bad they want on the net. I am betting I have ONE child that will do it. The others just won't be willing to work at it enough.

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday! I am off to get lunch made to take to Church.

No comments: