Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday Catch-up Day

Since we were gone all weekend we are playing catch-up on lots of things. Today is my usually day to do laundry. I discovered I had ONE load worth of laundry soap left in my small container. I did have a couple left in my 5 gallon bucket. I started the day by making a new batch of laundry soap. It needs to set 24 hours before it is ready to use. I "think" I have enough to do what I need today. Then the kids can refill the pour bottle in the morning.


Two of the kids are done with school. MJ was done before 8. I think he must have worked ahead on Thursday. MN wasn't far behind him. She finished right after chores. She was very mad at her alarm clock since it didn't go off at 5:30 like she had planned.


Some of the things we did this weekend were go to the Creation Museum in Glenn Rose. It was interesting and good. I wish they had more stuff, but it IS growing! We also went to Dinosaur State Park. It was way to cool to really play in the water, but the kids did have fun jumping from rock to rock.
Sat. we had a lazy morning of breakfast and visiting with my SIL and BIL. The we were off to listen to Thurman Scrivner. We met a couple of other families from church there. It was a very interesting 4 hours of teaching. I wasn't bored. :) The time went really fast. After that we went out to eat with one other family. We went to Boston Pizza. It was fun and funny. Our waitress was on her second day of training. They stick her with a group of 17, all but 4 of them under 19! It was a lot of fun! We wiped out 5 large pizzas and had a great time visiting.
Sunday morning we did an other lazy morning and then started off toward home. I didn't yell "STOP!" to many times for pictures. I did get the picture of the old windmill along the way.
Once home I had to fill my feeders. They had ran out while I was gone. I was very thankful we came home early enough I could do it in the daylight. I am also thankful for the skid steerer. It made putting out 14 fifty lb sacks of feed much easier.
We did have a small rain while we were gone. Not sure exactly how much, but a few small puddles. All rain is needed and appreciated. Sat evening it thundered and lightning and rain some in the Dallas/FT. Worth area. They need rain too.
I have worked off and on all morning on this post. I guess I better hit post and go hang my clothes out of the dryer.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

Seems like you all had a wonderful time. You just gave me an idea of a sort of family day trip me & my children can do. Can't afford a family vacation right now, so looking for things we can do inexpensively!


I figured I'd ask you, since you seem to know a bit about sheep & goats. I'm interested in getting both. I know boar goats are good meat goats, if I'm not mistaken. Is there a particular sheep that is better for meat?
Thanks in advance!

Nola said...

I think you are thinking of Dorper sheep. I have some "part" dorper. I really like them. They are a hair sheep, no shearing. They are hardy and grow fast. I would not spend the money on a pure bred, I would go with crossbred. They will add weight without breaking the bank.