Thursday, April 9, 2009

Strong will? My Will....

I had such a good laugh this morning. S did something spiteful to MN. I called her on it. She did the deny. That flew about as far as lead balloons. Since that didn't work she decided to ignore me. :) Oh the pouty face. She is on one side of the table arms crossed looking like she just had a bite of a lemon. I am relaxed feet propped in a chair on the other side of the table. I am speaking truths, in a quite relaxed voice. She refuses to even LOOK at me. I continue to speak truths off and on. I laugh and chat with others and enjoy the "game". With in 30 minutes game is over! She can't continue her stance of "mad". Before I finish eating the grapefruit I am eating she is laughing. She owns what she did and why. Life goes on.

For some setting and maintaining a calm composure and allowing her to stew while mom enjoyed it for 30 minutes might see a long time. I couldn't help pointing out that when her older brother was about 12 he sat at the bar for 7 HOURS not doing 15 math problems. I even sold one of his goats while he sat. Then there is MN who I usually have to push over the top in mad to get it done with. Or T who can stand on the steps and SCREAM for 3 hours straight. Poor S doesn't have a chance against my training.

Life is never dull!

2 comments:

Tasha said...

All I have to say is YOU inspire me!

teresaH said...

I am so glad to know that others have children that can be mad and scream for hours. But more importantly that you wait them out. My dd can scream and cry for several hours until way after she was forgotten why she was mad. Thank you for letting me know waiting is okay no matter how long it takes!