Thursday, April 23, 2009

Making Gravy

The other morning we were doing biscuits, sausage and gravy for breakfast. S was wanting the "recipe" for gravy. Recipe? Hahahhahaahaha! So when it came time to make the gravy I had her watch closely. She then got to stir the gravy until it thickened. The whole time she had this confused look on her face. She couldn't get past the fact that I didn't have a recipe for gravy. For me Recipe's are guidelines, not written in stone. S tends to be a written in stone person. This time I wasn't even trying to blow her out of the water with my lack of stone. I don't ever use a recipe for gravy. I learned watching my mom.
















The next morning she volunteered to make gravy. I think she did measure her ingredients. She made a wonderful pan of gravy all by herself. It was thick enough, but not one giant clump. For her first time she did awesome! Much better than my first 50 pans of gravy!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love it! I learned how to make Gravy from my father who was a cook in the Navy. Never had a recipe in my life for Gravy. My MIL asked about our gravy one time. She couldn't believe we didn't have a recipe. LOL