Thursday, April 2, 2009

School Update.....

T finished her school on Tue. She spend 1/2 the day being bored as others had to work. On Wed. she and I went and got a ton of feed and unloaded it. She would drag the sacks to the back of the truck I would empty them into barrels and using a dolly move them where I wanted them. It was slow but we got it done.

After unloading the feed I started loading her 4th grade school work on her new computer. She bounced around like a rubber ball and helped install everything. School is set to start on Monday the 6th. As of this morning she has finished all of Monday's school and is working on Tue. She turned 8 in Dec. She finished 3rd grade with just below a 90 average across the board. Not bad!

I think MN will finish her school today. She is down to a few in math. MJ well ??? maybe by tomorrow night. He has some in Science and Math.

S......... hummmm she will be taking some subjects over instead of going to the next grade. She just pouted about having to do it to long, cheated to much and flat doesn't work well if she isn't cheating. I really think she has spent her life cheating on everything and now is having to learn that her brain is useful and smart and can learn. She will study and pass and be so excited. It is sad and funny. She has been cleaning mental closets this week a lot. We have pushed to tears and as I gather her in my arms the sobs come and the disclosures of rejection, abuse and fear come. Each time is a cleansing for her. She feels less weight and less dirt attached to her afterwards. It is just so hard to make those confessions. Each time I see healing and growth after we spend time fighting then cuddling. Last night she was so angry at us, standing there alone and defiant about some little something that shouldn't have even been a big deal, but she had made it into one. As we talked I hit a nerve and the tears slowly fell, yet her face or stance never changed. I let her stew in her defiance a few more minutes as we talked then walked over to her gathered her in my arms and started whispering, "I love you S!" "I love YOU!" The dam broke. After holding her a few minutes standing we sat on the couch and cuddled as I pushed and prodded for what her greatest fears were. We took them and looked at them with Jesus. As He guided her into truth about what she feared the devil lost his power to put fear on her in those areas. This morning she cleaned closets, only this time the closets upstairs, getting rid of most/all of her clothes from AR. I really don't understand the reason she needed them gone, but she did. I don't know exactly what memories are attached to these material possessions but she needed them gone.

As always life is never dull around here. Busy yes, dull.... never!

Praying that today will be a very blessed day for all who read this.

No comments: