Monday, August 31, 2009

Perfect Solution!

I have a child, MJ, 12 who freely admits he acts dumb to not have to do things. He doesn't like doing chores or having responsibilities. I have fought, I have giving out consequences, I have talked, I have reasoned...... still he isn't going to do more than what I make him. So I came up with the perfect solution last night as we again talked about responsibility. He has NO responsibilities other than school this week! He has until 1 pm to do his school. He doesn't even have to get dressed. Simple! He doesn't have to use his smart brain to try and be dumb. He doesn't have to lie about doing chores right. He doesn't have to DO chores! At 1 pm he comes into the living room and parks on the red stool until bed time. I will fix his meals and bring them to him. I will give him water when he needs it. He will get quick potty breaks. The rest of the time he will sit on the stool doing what he likes best............ NOTHING! See it really is the perfect solution! I don't hassle him, he doesn't have to do :)

Even the girls agree it is a great solution! It will stop them from arguing about stuff. We all excited about this solution! Well, most of us! MJ doesn't seem to be very excited. He seems to be kinda upset about it. I explained it to him. His actions have show us that he doesn't want responsibilities. I have listened! :) I really do want to make my kids happy. I am doing the best I can to accommodate his desires. He won't have responsibilities, just like his actions have been asking for!

I will keep everyone posted on how the week goes and how much less stress I have this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonah also did not want to accept rsponsibility and he spent three days in the belly of a fish! Uncle Tic