Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tuesday!

I so want to call my son and see how "Daddy Daycare" is going. He has his son at the livestock auction today. Oh to have a camera and take pictures! I offered him the ergo, but that might mess up his man card more than having an 8 month old would. His wife did take the ergo I got for him. She can see how it will work great! Maybe, once he will wise up before her classes are over.

In other news MJ spent the day in his robe yesterday. His choice, I was so good and yes, I probably have sores on my tongue from biting it to not say anything. Today he decided to get dressed before 8 :) The light bulb may have came on last night in that mom is serious about a week of no chores, no responsibilities and no need to play dumb. I said something about 1 down and 6 more days to go until we would re-evaluate for next week. He then said it wasn't "fair". Wrong thing to say with dad setting across the room. Dad then ask him why it wasn't. Hadn't we ask and discussed his lack of willingness to do what was ask many times? Dad ask how many, "I lot" when pushed he said, "Over 20 times." Seems he had ample chances to make a different choice, but instead he wanted to avoid responsibilities so we gave him exactly what he wanted. He had to agree, with a but tacked on. Seems he wanted to be able to not have responsibilities yet do the stuff HE wanted to. I pointed out that isn't the way it works in the real world. We all have responsibilities to do so that we can "play". So I am really protecting him from the "real world". He didn't seem impressed with that knowledge either.

I on the other hand had a great day! I have noticed before how much strife is solved when he is out of the picture. Even between the girls life is better. I think his "dumbness" and other attitude/heart issues cause them to be more short tempered.

MN went yesterday and helped her brothers with sheep and goats. She was in heaven! The other two girls had the pleasure of milking the goats. Most of the time these two girls stick MN with the chore all by her self. Does anyone else see the humor in it taking the two of them 3+ hours do do MN's hour or so job? Today S was "mad" and shot her mouth off to MN. She didn't need any help doing goats! OK, your wish is my command! She came in about an hour later groveling for help to do them. Seems she isn't big enough or mean enough to make them stand still to be milked. Keep in mind she out weighs MN by oh 30+ lbs and is much stouter looking. She had to ask for help and apologize to everyone for her attitude before I would relent and let MN go do what MN wanted to do from the start..... milk the goats!

I sent our case worker a message again yesterday on adoption. I'm not sure she will understand it. I ask that our homestudy be sent to AR last week, this week CA. Hummm wonder where next? She really should understand that ICPC doesn't scare us. We WILL go out of state if their aren't any sibling groups in TX that fit us. Our bus is on hold as the company we are buying from shipped the replacements to HI and BOTH of them blew the motor while they were on "trial". The tour company in HI hangs on to the old buses for a month or so before they are shipped state side. Seems like that might have been a good thing. First we heard they had blown ONE of the motors in the new bus, then two and so it will be sometime in Oct. before the buses will be back at the earliest. I do know even if we were "selected" for a group today it would be late Oct before we got them unless CPS just HAD to move them then it might be the next day! In the mean time we wait and pray and trust God that His hand is healing and protecting and growing the children He is going to bring to us.

No comments: