Monday, October 4, 2010

Being Christ Like

In one of the books I am reading, Crazy Love, he suggest this exercise.  Write out 1 CR 13:4-8 Once you have it written out substitute your name for the word Love. 
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.


_____  is patient and kind.

_____   is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude.

_____   does not demand her own way.

_____   is not irritable, and keeps no record of when she has been wronged. She never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out.

_____   never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
How true is it?   Need some work?  Mine sure did!   Some of it I can say I fit pretty well, but others well I need a LOT of work to come up to Jesus standard.  I think I will make some bookmarks using the fill in the blank above only instead of a blank I will have my name.   That way I will have more reminders I need to strive toward these things daily in my life.  

No comments: