Sunday, November 14, 2010

Finding what You need...

Some times it is the little things where God really shows up.  Yesterday I wanted to take a journal idea and put it on the computer, but I needed/wanted a template to do it.  I wanted it set up just so.  I knew in my head how to do it.  I looked at the templates on my computer.   Couldn't find something to tweak.  Then I went on line.  Kept looking and looking.  Downloaded several but non were "right'.  I thought OK, I'll just make one!   That said I opened up a word page and ............sat there!  I had no idea how to do it.  So I read and studied and came across something called  Office One Note.   Hummm I have that on my 'puter.  I have never messed with it.  Don't even have a clue what it is.   In reading it sounds like what I want. 

I opened it up and wow!  It is neat!   Think of a small file cabinet on your computer with manila folders, each labeled and filed just waiting for you to pull it out and jot down notes in it.  It was EXACTLY what I wanted!  

All I had to do was name the file cabinet: Prayer Journal.   I then named the file folders with the days of the week plus one for daily and one for answered prayers.  That done I added a note in each folder of what I was to pray for that day.   On the day I pray for family I added pages for each family member.   It is really cool!   On the daily I made two columns.  One for my prayers then a narrow one to challenge me to list 5 things each day I am grateful for. 

If you have Office One Note on your computer and haven't ever played in it.  It is really a cool program.  You don't even have to 'save' as it does it for you.   It is a really neat way to organize things.    I wish the idea could be moved to Word to keep all my files that seem to end up scattered here and there on the doc. section of my computer.  There may be a way to do it.  I just have to find the time to "play".  

No comments: