Saturday, December 24, 2011

When God is Real

Yes, I know God is real all the time.  I started to title this When God Shows Up, but decided to share how God revels Himself in real ways.  

Tonight we were discussing some stuff where MJ is struggling.  Ended up he and I praying over it as he walked through it.  I ask him to picture Jesus and listen to what he said.   For this black and white child that is a stretch, but he did it.   Jesus gave him some scriptures.  I am always skeptical of what is really saw and what is made up to make me happy.   Yet, so often God does show up in what the kids "see".    Tonight was no different.  

After we were through talking I suggested MJ write down what Jesus shared with him.   He got his Bible out and flipped to the first verse. 
2 Cr 3:16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
This fit what he is struggling with.   I suggested he write them down so he could study on them and pray about them and how God wanted him to use them as swords in his battle.

He wrote two more verses down. 
Pro. 29:25 The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the LORD shall be safe
1 Pe 5:7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
This is a
 young man that doesn't dig in his Bible.  He has a working knowledge because of school, not a burning desire.   He couldn't pull 3 verses out that fit together, much less address where he is struggling in the amount of time it took him to find these three.   He had to supernaturally remember them also.  Normally he wouldn't have remembered the first one, much less being able to find 3, and write them down!  

I always love it when He shows up in ways that are so much Him and no way we as humans can fake it.  It helps remind me in ways that grow my faith just how real He is.  How He is listening when we are crying out even when we don't even understand what we are crying out for or about.  We just know we need help.  

He gently reminds me He cares for my children even more than I do and I am not walking this path without supernatural help.  I can trust Him.  I can believe He is real.

No comments: