Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bark Bark, Hack, Hack Hack...

That was our night around here. MN was the worst. Usually the homemade cough med. works for her. It did the night before. Not last night. About 10:30 we resorted to Musinex. It took about an hour to kick in and knock her coughing down from every 30 seconds to a few minutes in between. She was also sleeping in the recliner. She stayed there until about 4 when she went back to her bed. Bad choice! laying down seemed to bring out the worst in it. She got up and took a hot bath that helped some. I had at least one other hacker up stairs last night. They weren't bad enough to come down. Today I have a headache. I think mine is from the dust blowing for 24 hours already, with the wind again to be 20+ mph with gust over that. All that said we will stay home today. I don't want to share our hacking with any other families.

God is go good, the wind stopped for me to do my chores outside. I had one new lamb. The baby lamb in the barn is almost back to normal this morning. The swelling in his head is gone down a lot. He is such a eater. He took a whole baby bottle plus about 1/2 another one. The little goat out there is not a week old and has graduated up to a full coke bottle twice a day.

I had planned on making something with chicken for Church. I tossed it in the crock pot a few minutes ago. I hope it turns out good. It doesn't have to be ready until supper now.

I am off to win the war of my headache. All have a very blessed day!

No comments: