Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Green stuff and other Wed. Ramblings....

I have found a way to get more green in my diet. I was adding chlorophyll to my first 34 oz mug of water each morning. It is good for you and I don't mind the taste in water. It is rather tough for me straight. I then got the idea of taking about 2 hand fulls of fresh spinach blending it in about 2-3 cups of water until it is liquid. I don't mind the flavor. It would come as a shock if you thought it was just ice water. I do add ice to it. I tried blending the ice too, but decided I like it better with cubes. It can't be all bad if my grand son discovers that is what is in my mug he shares even more than normal. I do warn mommy if he is sharing a lot no matter if it chlorophyll or spinach. I don't want her to be shocked at the diaper later. This gives me a couple of servings of green in an easy and on the go way to drink it. I also have learned to buy the packages of Spinach that are close out. If they still look good then I buy them at about .50 bring them home and toss the whole bag in the freezer. When I need/want a green drink I have it at hand no matter how long it has been since I shopped.

I am loving my MP3 player. What I like best is the external speaker. It is so fun to drop it in my pocket and my music level never changes no matter what room I go into. I do laugh at grand son trying to figure out why my pocket is making music. I am well pleased with the length of time the battery last. The only think I dislike is the software. Can you say junk? I would recommend the MP3 player to anyone. I would also advise them to just toss the software and use the Window's media player. It only took me about 4 hours of trial and error to figure out how to get pictures on my toy. This morning I downloaded a BUNCH of music. Many hours worth. It should be fun.

Does anyone else struggle with allowing their kids to fail so they can learn? Mine didn't manage their time yesterday well. They didn't start school until almost lunch. They played with the grand baby a LOT. They chattered like chipmunks at each other. They took a LONG time to fix and eat lunch. That meant getting it out of the frig. Putting it on a plate and warming it. I refused to engage. I just kept my mouth shut. Dad gets home after 7 pm and I have 3 with school work to do and no chores done. OOPS! So dad woke them when he got up this morning at 4:50. S wasn't in on the getting her school and chores done. She has learned to manage her time surprisingly well. She did how ever have to rise and shine LONG before me because we have a rule that they are to be dressed and downstairs by 8 AM. She didn't do that. I think she was awake and dressed. She just waited for mom to holler on the radio to appear about 8:15. The others were still snoozing. She had the privilege of reading or drawing or what ever this morning. The other three had the privilege of school and chores. MN is on a roll. She managed to take 6 HOURS to do the dishes she should have done yesterday. Dad's new rule is if school and chores aren't done then they will be getting up when he does. They also loose the privilege of playing. I am sure some one will have to test the rule.

I do find it so funny and wonderful that S has went from this very scatter brained can't focus child to a young lady that almost never doesn't finish her school and chores in a timely manor. Day before yesterday she did "test". She wanted to go with DIL to her house. I ask if school and chores were done. She assured me they were. I assured her I wanted to see the chore list. Then the back peddling started. She had "Kitchen" but couldn't do it since the dishes weren't done. "Humm... you can't sweep the floor? Wash the table and cabinets that don't have dishes off?" LOL next excuse was, "We always do the "kitchen" after the dishes are done." This was met with a round of "That's not true!" from the others on the chore list. :) Then she hopped up to get it done! DIL went home. S was assuring her she would be over in a bit. DIL knew better. Oh the pouting! Sometimes it is really hard to keep your face straight as you watch them pout. I called her name to point out what she didn't do. She was "reading" on the couch. She didn't hear me. Called it about 3 times. I am sure it was because I was using her "new" name. Finally I got to use the FULL name! "Oh were you talking to me?" LOL She pouted around for maybe an hour. Life went on. It wasn't that long until she was giving me a hug and a kiss. I hugged back and had to ask, "Over being mad?" She grinned and nodded. That in it's self is huge. She is just learning it is ok to admit you are/were mad at some one. I hugged her and reminded her it is OK to be mad and even admit it. We did talk about truth and how much easier it would have been to say, "Oh, give me 5 minutes and I will have them done!" Later she did get to go over.

She is more and more taking responsibility for her actions. Today she was trying to keep the dog from some milk while T was trying to give it to her. I had said it was OK. She was still telling the dog no etc. I called her hand on it. Why can't she have it. All kind of excuses that I blew out of the water. Finally danced her into a corner where she admitted she wanted to be in charge not T. :) I ask if that was fair to the dog giving mixed messages? That was the extent of the discussion.

Our cold is going away for a little while. We are going to be in the 60s today, then 70s until Sunday. Sunday again will be cold. The high on Sat. is mid 70s and then mid 40s for the high on Sunday. That will be COLD. I hope we can get more wood under the carport before then. I really wish there was some moisture coming in with the cold fronts. We are very scary dry. Please pray that we start getting some rain soon.

We will again see S's case worker tomorrow at therapy. She emailed me this morning and ask if we would be in town. :) I really don't mind. I wonder what she will think of S instead of J. My guess is she won't like it. I don't really understand why case workers don't like name changes, yet most adoption "experts" say name them and claim them or like with S let her start fresh without the baggage associated with the old name. S gets very frustrated with this worker and her asking over and over if she "sure" this is what she wants. I really thought S was exaggerating until last month. I just happened to be near enough to the room they were talking in to here it. She really is that negative about it. I can see asking if she is happy? If she feels this placement is working etc. But her wording is negative instead of positive. Oh well S handled it very well last month. This month Jan. and then we will be done with her in Feb. Not that anyone is counting the months!

I'm not sure what our weekend plans are. We would like to go to the flea market, if it is warm and the wind isn't blowing terribly. I think it will be warm, but am betting that the wind will be terrible. Dh wants to work on the freezer some. He is trying to put the wall in between the freezer and frig. We need to cut and or gather some fire wood.

Guess that is about all I can come up with to ramble on today. Everyone have a blessed day and leave a commit so I know I am not talking to myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not talking to yourself. =)
Regina S.

Tasha said...

You are truly an inspiration to me!
I love green smoothies. We use spinach and any kind of lettuce in the fridge, add orange juice or water and fruit to taste. I usually add flax seeds or flax seed oil, oh yeah or coconut oil. Delicious!