Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I was told to Blog!

So I will blog!
Lots of stuff going on. First prayers for my DIL that is due any day. She ended up in the ER last night. She hadn't been able to keep anything on her tummy since the night before. They gave her a couple of IV bags to re-hydrate her and some meds for her migraine that started after the tummy bug. DS said she was feeling no pain when he brought her home. She is really hoping to have this baby before the first. He son that lives with his dad in KS is here for the "event" and Christmas. She doesn't want him to miss it. That on top of just ready!
Our freezer is taking shape. It now has a freezer wall that separates the freezer from the frig part.
This is the few from the pantry door. The first room is the frig. The second picture is from the freezer. It gives you an idea of how big this is! Next step is working on the doors so that they work right. Then he has to get electricity back there. It is as far as possible from our main electrical box.
I wanted to share a picture of our tom cat. This is Rambo. Yes, he does live up to his name. As you can see he is a rather large cat. I don't know how much he weighs. My dh was tossing him out the other night and figured he was around 20-25 lbs. I know he is HEAVY. If he had a tail wonder how big he would look. I have "measured" him when he is on the floor using the 12 x 12 tile as my ruler. When he is stretched out he is almost 2 tile long. He can put his chin on the side of the bathtub without stretching.
We have lots of lambs now. They are all black and white or white. I don't think I have any totally black ones yet. I gave up keeping count.
I took my camera yesterday to feed since I knew
I had new babies. As they see me drive up here
they come.
As you can see some of the sheep and goats are more than willing to climb right in the ranger
with us for a bite of feed.
This is one of last years bottle babies. She doesn't know she is a goat. She would probably ride in here if I let her.
Here are my new babies. I am going to watch the smaller one to make sure the bigger one doesn't push it off to much and it doesn't get enough milk to grow well. If I think that is happening we will have a new bottle baby. I know that will break hearts around here.
We have been blessed with some awesome sun sets and sun rises. I seldom get sun rise pictures because the view from the house isn't that great. The view from the house at night is incredible! Here is one of the 10 or so pictures I snapped last night.
Tonight we plan on going in to town and looking at Christmas lights. It should be fun. I may try taking my camera and seeing if I can get some pictures. Tomorrow we are having my BIL and SIL for the day. Yea! We are going to keep it simple and just visit. I wouldn't be surprised if BIL doesn't have to get involved in freezer work. :) The weather should be beautiful! We (I) plan on someone grilling chicken on the grill. Our highs will be in the low 70s.
My son, DIL and grand son will be traveling tomorrow if their plans work out. They are heading to visit their grandparents then on the next day to AR to her parents for a few days. This is usually a slow time for the truck so they are using it to show of their son.
As usual when I start blogging I get caught up in it and then am late to the barn. I am off here to go see what surprises await me there. All be blessed!
LOL I hit post as I walked out the door. It didn't post so back from chores no surprises.

No comments: