Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday already...

We are slowly getting back in the swing of life. I started taking cold Thanksgiving day. My SIL showed up that morning feeling like she was taking it. She said it didn't even start until they were on the way over here. I was glad if she had to have one, she started before I did. I didn't want to be responsible for giving it to her. We both felt terrible on Friday and took turns seeing who could hibernate in bed longer. I think I won! Sat. was much better and so was Sunday. Monday was a day of back sliding. I felt horrible all day. I didn't hibernate in bed, but just was a warm body in a chair. I had planned on resting AFTER UPS showed up. He usually comes about 2:30. That way I wouldn't have to get up and get the package. Of course he didn't show until after 4. Then on Tue. he was here by 2. Guess I wasn't suppose to nap. Yesterday was a much better day. I accomplished a lot of little things that needed doing besides some regular stuff. Today I don't feel as well. I spent way to much of the night coughing I think. Maybe tomorrow will be better or this afternoon.

Other news is I have one child that is doing her school and chores correctly while I have 3 that decided to take advantage of mom being sick on Monday. This didn't set well with dad. He assigned them 100 sentences to write on top of finishing all their school work and two days worth of chores on Tue. If it didn't happen they could then write two hundred sentences for Wed. and do all of this weeks chores to date. You guessed it, they are all 3 busy on the 200 sentences today. They do seem to be working a little harder than they did yesterday. Here is what they are writing: Doing my chores and responsibilities is a timely manner is much better than procrastinating and not completing chores and responsibilities. We will see what today brings. I am guessing they will get it done.

Other news is things are going really well with J. Yes, we have our moments, usually about speaking truth. I have had a couple of serous chuckles lately. One yesterday when she announced, "Your such a good mom! I want to be just like you when I have kids." I ask for this in writing, which she said she was more than willing to do. I told her I was then going to wave it in front of her face when she was so mad at me she could spit nails. She died laughing and still said she would put it in writing, but agreed she would be that mad at me from time to time. This morning she came down stairs upset. She had a "HORRILBE" dream. Then she shared it. We (dad, J and I) were at a mall of sorts. I pointed out it was a horrible dream at that point. She said it was a strange mall with lots of bad stuff. She turned to look at something and I was gone. She was panicking because she couldn't find me. She was crying and screaming and found some friends from AR that were helping her look. Then she woke up. I pointed out she found me! I was just downstairs. Her school work is going well she is making good grades most of the time, yet not acing stuff. I do think she is about ready for a little more challenge. I plan on doing the next years worth in 3 months or less. I may let her read the history and science and only take the major test. If she can pass the test she can go to the next unit. I just have to figure out how you do that. Math, she needs the building blocks she is getting. She struggles with that and English most. I see her gaining life skills and becoming more responsible. She does struggle at staying on task, but has come a LONG ways in that area.

Tomorrow the high is suppose to be about 50. That is about right, we have town tomorrow. Even if we have "spare" time it won't be spent at the park. At least I don't have a long list of to do stuff.

Oh quick prayer request. J's lawyer is suppose to call her to day. Her lawyer really took an interest in her. Taking her to Church and just going above and beyond. I would like this call to be a positive for both sides. My understanding is she just needs to touch base with J.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the adjustments. I love reading about your daily life and challenges with your children.